This scrumptious Turkey Taco Salad is ideal to meal prep, to make forward for lunch for the week!
I took my straightforward, go-to turkey taco recipe and turned it into this straightforward meal prep lunch. The entire thing comes collectively in beneath 30 minutes, begin to end. In the event you’ve been following my free meal plans, you most likely know I’ve been incorporating extra meal prep recipes in them, recipes you may make as soon as that may be served for the week.
Final week I took a ballot on my Instagram tales to see what kind of wholesome meal prep lunches you wish to see for 2019, and it diverse significantly from hot and cold lunches, and all the things from balanced meals that embody grains to keto, low-carb, complete30 and extra. So, I’ll incorporate the entire above within the coming month. Be happy to depart your recommendations within the feedback! You too can see extra meal prep meals right here for reference.
The best method to pack this lunch, is to maintain the greens separate so you may warmth up the turkey with out heating up the remainder. Then refrigerate all the things so you may seize one within the morning earlier than heading out the door! If you wish to maintain this complete30, omit the cheese and swap it for avocado. In fact, this will also be served for dinner if you want!
Meal Prep Taco Salad
- half of cup jarred delicate salsa
- four teaspoons additional virgin olive oil
- juice of half of lime
- 1 lb 93% floor turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half of teaspoon chili powder
- half of teaspoon paprika
- half of teaspoon oregano
- half of small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, minced
- half of cup water
- four ounces canned tomato sauce (half of can)
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- half of cup shredded cheddar
- four lime wedges, for serving
- (optionally available) greek yogurt or bitter cream
- Brown the turkey in a big skillet breaking it into smaller items because it cooks.
- When now not pink add dry seasoning and blend effectively.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and canopy.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the meat equally between the four meal prep containers.
- In the meantime, whereas the meat is cooking, make the dressing: mix the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; switch to four small containers.
- Divide the lettuce in four ziplock baggage.
- Divide pico de gallo, bitter cream or yogurt, if utilizing and cheese in small containers. Cowl and refrigerate.
- To serve, take away the lettuce and containers, warmth the meat then make a salad by putting the lettuce in a bowl or plate.
- Prime with the meat, pico de gallo, cheese and end with dressing.
Yield: four servings, Serving Measurement: 1 salad
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Freestyle Factors: 7
- Factors +: eight
- Energy: 312 energy
- Complete Fats: 17.5g
- Saturated Fats: 5.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 92.5mg
- Sodium: 905mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Protein: 28.5g
All pictures and textual content ©