Chelsea will look to finish their barren spell in entrance of purpose when Newcastle go to Stamford Bridge on Saturday (kick-off 5.30pm).
Maurizio Sarri’s males failed to attain at Wembley of their 1-Zero defeat to Tottenham however, extra worryingly, they’re with no purpose in two residence video games following the defeat to Leicester and goalless draw with Southampton. A failure to search out the online towards the Toon could be the primary time since 1993 that the Blues have drawn a clean in three consecutive residence video games.
“We have to rating, in fact,” Sarri mentioned.
“We have to clear up this downside as a result of additionally within the final match we performed I believe very effectively with continuity and an excellent offensive and defensive section, with a terrific efficiency from the bodily standpoint the very best of the season.
“However we did not rating so now we’ve got this downside. We solely should work and try to clear up it as quickly as doable, I believe.”
In the meantime, Newcastle have simply gained certainly one of their final eight league video games and have critical issues troubling the highest six groups. They’ve misplaced 9 video games on the spin to the ‘large six’.
Alvaro Morata is an harm doubt for Chelsea.
The Spanish striker missed Tuesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg with Tottenham with a minor hamstring downside.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek (again) is out and Cesc Fabregas is not going to be thought-about forward of his seemingly transfer to Monaco.
Rafa Benitez is having to handle a rising harm record, with Federico Fernandez, Mohamed Diame and Jonjo Shelvey all doubts for the journey to Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea have misplaced solely certainly one of their 23 residence Premier League video games towards Newcastle (W16 D6), a Zero-2 defeat in Might 2012 underneath Roberto Di Matteo.
- Newcastle United have misplaced their final six visits to Stamford Bridge towards Chelsea in all competitions, scoring simply twice whereas conceding 18 targets.
- Chelsea have failed to attain of their final two Premier League residence video games. They have not gone three with no purpose within the high flight since November 1993 underneath Glenn Hoddle.
- Newcastle are winless in 12 away league video games towards ‘large six’ sides (D1 L11), shedding the final 9 in a row.
- Solely Liverpool (three) have conceded fewer residence targets within the Premier League than Chelsea this season (eight).
- Newcastle have scored simply 4 targets of their final eight Premier League video games, failing to search out the online in three of the final 4.
- Newcastle supervisor Rafael Benitez has gained simply certainly one of his 14 away matches towards Chelsea in all competitions (D4 L9), a 1-Zero victory with Liverpool within the Premier League in October 2008.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has scored six targets and assisted one in 5 Premier League appearances at Stamford Bridge towards Newcastle.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has scored extra Premier League targets towards Newcastle than he has towards another aspect within the competitors (eight). Nevertheless, these eight targets all got here in his first six video games towards them, with the Frenchman failing to attain in his final 5 towards the Magpies.
- Salomon Rondon has scored every of Newcastle’s final three away targets within the Premier League.
Newcastle are proper within the relegation combine. They depend on Salomon Rondon an excessive amount of and they’re struggling. I’ve watched Chelsea sufficient instances this season and they don’t seem to be ripping groups aside like they did firstly of the season, at instances they do not actually appear to be scoring a purpose. Chelsea want to attain early within the first quarter of the sport to keep away from a tough afternoon. I believe they’ll, however I would not be stunned if this ended goalless.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-Zero (11/2 with Sky Wager)
Play Tremendous 6
Predict 6 appropriate scores to your probability to win £250Okay.
require(['skysports_digrev', 'sdc-site-pub-sub'], function (appController, pubsub) ; pubsub.init(window.sdc);