Wisconsin’s recruiting is matching up with the Badgers’ play on the field so far in 2017, but that’s par for the course in Madison.
The Badgers aren’t among the top teams in the Big Ten in recruiting the same way they are contending for the Big Ten title, but that’s not unusual. Wisconsin specializes in succeeding despite never having flashy recruiting rankings.
Find everything from class rankings, to a commit list, to the latest Wisconsin recruiting news below.
Where the Wisconsin recruiting class ranks
Wisconsin’s 2018 recruiting class is ranked No. 32 nationally and No. 7 in the Big Ten, according to 247 Sports. Of the Badgers’ 19 commits, 17 are 3 stars. Wisconsin has one 4-star commit: LB Jack Sanborn, from Lake Zurich, Ill.
Latest news for Wisconsin recruiting
The Badgers picked up nine commitments in June and July combined. Donte Burton is their only commit since then, though that’s par for the course around college football. The pace of commitments slowed once the season started.
Wisconsin 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 209
- 5-star offers: 8
- 4-star offers: 83
- In-state recruits offered: 7
- Florida recruits offered: 55
- Texas recruits offered: 18
- Ohio recruits offered: 15
- Georgia recruits offered: 13
- Michigan recruits offered: 12
Wisconsin recruiting: Football commits for 2018
Note: Stars are from 247 Sports’ composite ranking.
- ILB Jack Sanborn, 4 stars, Lake Zurich (Ill.)
- ATH Aron Cruickshank, 3 stars, Brooklyn (N.Y.)
- S Reggie Pearson Jr., 3 stars, River Rouge (Mich.)
- WDE Cormac Sampson, 3 stars, Eau Claire (Wis.)
- SDE Boyd Dietzen, 3 stars, Kimberly (Wis.)
- DL Isaiah Mullens, 3 stars, Columbus (Ohio)
- OT Michael Furtney, 3 stars, Milan (Mich.)
- CB Travian Blaylock, 3 stars, Humble (Texas)
- ATH Jaylan Franklin, 3 stars, Rockwood (Mich.)
- RB Nakia Watson, 3 stars, Austin (Texas)
- DT Bryson Williams, 3 stars, Lincoln (Neb.)
- QB Chase Wolf, 3 stars, Cincinnati (Ohio)
- WR Taj Mustapha, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
- OLB Mason Platter, 3 stars, Menomonie (Wis.)
- ILB CJ Goetz, 3 stars, Waukesha (Wis.)
- CB Alexander Smith, 3 stars, Culver City (Calif.)
- WR Isaac Guerendo, 3 stars, Avon (Ind.)
- WR AJ Abbott, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
Top uncommitted Wisconsin recruiting target
OT Jackson Carman, 5 stars, Fairfield (Ohio)
The Badgers aren’t expected to be the landing spot for Carman, but they are in his top 5. The 6-foot-6, 330-pound senior plans on visiting Wisconsin. He also expects to visit Florida State, USC, Clemson and Ohio State. The Buckeyes are the favorite.
Wisconsin recruiting commitment position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commitments at each position.
- DL: 4 (Dietzen, Mullens, Sampson, Williams)
- DB: 3 (Blaylock, Pearson, Smith)
- WR: 3 (Abbott, Guerendo, Mustapha)
- LB: 3 (Goetz, Platter, Sanborn)
- ATH: 2 (Cruickshank, Franklin)
- OL: 1 (Furtney)
- RB: 1 (Watson)
- QB: 1 (Wolf)
Geographical breakdown of Wisconsin football commits
- Michigan: 5 (Abbott, Franklin, Furtney, Mustapha, Pearson)
- Wisconsin: 4 (Dietzen, Goetz, Platter, Sampson)
- Ohio: 2 (Mullens, Wolf)
- Texas: 2 (Blaylock, Watson)
- Illinois: 1 (Sanborn)
- New York: 1 (Cruickshank)
- Nebraska: 1 (Williams)
- California: 1 (Smith)
- Indiana: 1 (Guerendo)
Injury sidelines WR Jazz Peavy; feel free to dream big Wisconsin fans