DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Apr 16, 2019–The “Coatings for Commercial and Residential Roofing: The North American Market” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report includes a comprehensive analysis of all products used in the North American roof coatings market.
The report provides the latest in product development and material and technology enhancements, as well as a detailed look at the various distribution channels and their dynamics. The current market demand for each product type is quantified by value and volume, with projections for growth through 2023. This report also provides profiles for leading North American roof coatings manufacturers.
The report is divided into the following 10 chapters:
- Summary and Highlights
- Market and Technology Background
- Market Review by Product Type
- Market Review by Distribution Channel
- Market Review by Region
- Government Regulation and Industry Organizations
- Environmental Programs and Incentives
- Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Company Profiles
The report includes:
- 41 data tables and 50 additional tables
- An overview of the North American market for coatings for commercial and residential roofing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on the latest product developments, technological enhancements, and govt. regulations and their impact on the overall roof coatings market
- Evaluation of the industry’s structure and its competitive dynamics
- Profiles of leading North American roof coatings manufacturers, including BASF, The Garland Co., Inc., Henry Co., National Coatings Corp., and United Coatings
Reasons for Doing This Study
There exists a tremendous variety of roof coatings available, and the industry as a whole, is ever changing. Commercial roof coatings alone are a $900 million industry in North America. Residential applications add another $79 million to that figure. The industry consists of more than 50 major companies that produce the products and manage the distribution channels for these products. This study profiles 26 companies out of this group.
The U.S. roof coatings industry, after peaking between 2006 and 2007, suffered a serious blow in the latter half of the last decade during the Great Recession. In 2009, the industry experienced one of its worst years; however, it began to rebound with a slight recovery that started in 2010. That recovery has continued during the past eight years. BBC Research predicts the industry will continue growing steadily over the next five years through 2023.
The U.S. economy and the coating industry still face several challenges. Coating formulators continue to struggle with managing costs while still providing in-demand and innovative products. Regulators, professionals, and consumers also continue to demand green technologies due to increased awareness of environmental impact. Regulations continue to change and require constant monitoring. Companies also continue to commercialize new products with novel properties as a means of achieving market differentiation. Much of the innovation is driven by a shortage of skilled labor. Globalization of coating technologies is fostering change, as well. The above issues and many more will be addressed in this study.
This study is a comprehensive reference that defines and describes the roofing industry. In preparation of this document, industry sources, trade literature, producer and distributor websites, and other reference material have been read, analyzed, and condensed. The industry is diverse, creative, and dynamic. The range of products currently on the market is very broad – far exceeding the ability of any manufacturer to dominate the industry. The roof coatings market consists of large manufacturers with a market share between 6% and 30% and many smaller producers that have the capability of growing into major brands.
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Product Types
- Bituminous Roof Coatings
- Field Coatings for Asphalt Shingles
- Polymer Roof Coatings
- Elastomeric Roof Coatings
- Butyl Roof Coatings
- Acrylic Roof Coatings
- Silicone Roof Coatings
- Polyurethane Roof Coatings
- Polymer Modified Roof Coatings
- Reflective Roof Coatings
- White Roof Coatings
- Other Classification Methods for Roof Coatings
- Energy Star Roof Coatings
- Solvent-Based, Waterborne and Multi-Component Characteristics of Coatings
- Comparison of Product Characteristics
- Metal Roof Systems
- Recent Developments – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Beacon Roofing Supply
- Carlisle Companies Inc.
- Duro-Last Inc.
- The Henry Co.
- Firestone Building Products Co., LLC
- General Coatings Mfg. Corp.
- Soprema Inc.
- Trumbull Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt LLC
- Recent Developments – New Market Entrants
- IPS Corp.
- Kemper Systems America Inc.
Chapter 4 New Technology and Patent Analysis
- Market Review
- Reflective Coatings
- Smart Coatings
- Heat-Resistant Coatings
- Mold/Algae-Resistant Coatings
- Colored Coatings
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Market Review
- Commercial versus Residential
- Market by Type of Product
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Distribution Channel
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8 Government Regulation and Industry Organizations
- Government Regulation
- City of Chicago Energy Conservation Code
- City of Dallas Green Construction Ordinance
- New York City Building Code
- Industry Organizations
- American Coatings Association
- American Council on Renewable Energy
- Arizona Cool Roof Council
- Building Green Inc.
- Canadian Paint and Coatings Association
- Cool Roof Rating Council
- Energy Coordinating Agency
- Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- The Reflective Roof Coatings Institute
- Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA)
- RCI INC.
- U.S. Green Building Council
Chapter 9 Environmental Programs and Incentives
- Environmental Programs
- Energy Star Roof Products Program
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Green Building Initiative
- The Cool Roof Rating Council
- 2017 Nonbusiness Energy Property Tax Credits
- Tax Credits for Home Builders
- Tax Deductions for Commercial Buildings
Chapter 10 Analysis of Market Opportunities
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. (Formerly Allied Building Products Corp.)
- Carlisle Companies Inc.
- Certainteed Corp.
- Davlin Coatings Inc.
- Duro-Last Inc.
- Firestone Building Products Co., Llc (Includes Gaco Western)
- Gaf Materials
- Gardner-Gibson Inc. (Formerly Apoc Inc.)
- The Garland Co., Inc.
- General Coatings Mfg.Corp.
- Henry Co. (The)
- ITW Polymers Sealants (Includes Elastek Roof Coatings And Er Systems)
- Johns Manville
- Karnak Corp.
- Mule-Hide Products Co., Inc.
- National Coatings Corp.
- Pacific Polymers Int’L. Inc.
- Polyglass Usa Inc.
- Siplast Inc.
- Soprema Inc.
- STS Coatings Inc.
- Tamko Building Products Inc.
- Trumbell Owens Corning Roofing And Asphalt Llc
- United Coatings
- Western Colloid
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9ztony
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190416005463/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANUFACTURING CHEMICALS/PLASTICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/16/2019 05:56 AM/DISC: 04/16/2019 05:56 AM