It’s Friday, the week is nearly done, so let’s kick back and reflect on another eventful week for the retail technology space. Here’s your briefing on some of the most important and interesting stories from the past five days.
1. Japan’s Aeon opts for Ocado Smart Platform
2. Founders Factory helps Marks and Spencer leverage startup way of working
3. Selfridges announces The Instagram Edit pop-up
Selfridges is teaming up with Instagram to launch a pop-up at its flagship store on London’s Oxford Street.
4. Retail sales pick up as shoppers shake off Brexit blues
November saw UK retail sales decrease by 4.4%, against an increase of 0.5% in November 2018, according to research by the BRC and KPMG. However, If adjusted for the later timing of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, sales are more likely to have increased by a more palatable 0.4% like-for-like.
5. Waitrose and John Lewis test out DnaNudge pop-ups
Waitrose has launched a DNA pop-up service in its Canary Wharf, London store, with the aim of helping shoppers to make healthier choices. And there is another located in the John Lewis store in London’s White City.