Suze Orman is a leading financial advisor, motivational speaker, TV host, and a prolific author. She broke into the field of finance in 1980 when Merrill Lynch hired her as a financial advisor. Three years later, Orman became vice president of retail customer investments at Prudential Securities.
She founded the Suze Orman Financial Group in 1987. In 2002, she became the host of the highly acclaimed Suze Orman Show on CNBC that ran for 13 years.
Quick Look: The Best Suze Orman Books
- You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It: Mistakes You Can’t Afford When You Retire – Buy it now
- The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying – Buy it now
- The Road to Wealth – Buy it now
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke – Buy it now
- Women & Money Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny – Buy it now
- The Money Class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream – Buy it now
- Women & Money: Be Strong, Be Smart, Be Secure – Buy it now
- Suze Orman’s Financial Guidebook: Put the 9 Steps to Work – Buy it now
- Dos and Don’ts of Money: Easy Solutions for Everyday Problems – Buy it now
- The Laws of Money: 5 Timeless Secrets to Get Out and Stay Out of Financial Trouble – Buy it now
Orman published her first book, You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose it, in 1995 and it remains among the best-selling personal finance books to this day. Other prominent titles include The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom (1997), Money Book for the Young (2005), and Women & Money (2007). Orman’ books sold millions of copies worldwide and have been translated into many languages.
What to Look for in a Suze Orman Book
In her books, Suze Orman combines immense professional experience with a pinch of popular psychology. She writes in a clear, conversational style, often using anecdotes and real-life examples.
You should pick up a Suze Orman book if you’re interested in taking matters into your own hands and achieving financial stability. On the pages of her books, Orman offers invaluable advice on all things personal finance, as well as encouragement and guidance.
Cover a Subject Important to You
Suze Orman’s books cover a vast range of topics, including bonds, stocks, social security, life insurance, retirement plans, wills and powers, credit cards, student debt, and more.
Women interested in taking control over their money and lives should read the Women & Money books. Young people struggling with student debt should pick up The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke. On the other hand, those looking to create a sound retirement plan should read You’ve Earned it, Don’t Lose It.
Has Applicable Takeaways
Suze Orman is famous for her unique approach that blends exceptional professional expertise and a great deal of compassion for her reader’s position in life. She focuses on practical tips, and always includes takeaways you can apply to your money strategy.
Our Picks for the Best Suze Orman Books
The list below contains our picks for the best Suze Orman books.
You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It: Mistakes You Can’t Afford When You Retire
- Who’s it for? This book is great for those looking for advice on how to keep their hard earned cash when they reach retirement.
In her debut effort, Suze Orman addresses some of the most pressing issues about retirement.
You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It: Mistakes You Can’t Afford When You Retire explains how to avoid losing your money when it’s time to retire. The book covers how to assess financial advisors, why it is important to have an attorney, how to choose long-term care insurance, and much more.
The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying
- Who’s it for? This book is the perfect pick for those searching for a new approach to money and getting financially independent.
In The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom, Suze Orman charts out a new, revolutionary approach to saving money, retirement plans, and financial freedom.
She gives in-depth advice on how to handle credit card debt, manage money responsibly, and make a retirement plan. Orman also touches on the difference between wills and trusts. The 9 Steps remains among the best-selling finance books well into the 21st century.
The Road to Wealth
- Who’s it for? The Road to Wealth was written for women and men looking for the answers and guidance in the field of personal finance.
When it came out in 2001, The Road to Wealth was a New York Times bestseller and it has remained among the most prominent books on personal finance to this day. On the pages of this book, Orman addresses questions about planning your financial future.
Covered topics include life insurance, bonds, stocks, FICO scores, identity theft, social security, and many more. The answers are written in an approachable, compassionate manner and the prose is easy to understand.
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke
- Who’s it for? This Money Book is aimed at young people, especially college graduates who want to escape the clutches of student debt.
In The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke, Suze Orman gives sound advice to young people who need help with their debt problems.
The focus is on realistic and proven solutions, without fancy language or complicated theory. Some advice might seem unorthodox or counterintuitive at first, but it’s rooted in Orman’s deep knowledge and thorough understanding of her readers’ situations. You can use The Money Book for the Young as a step-by-step guide for creating a stable future.
Women & Money Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny
- Who’s it for? This book was written for women who want greater control over their finances.
When it was published in 2007, Women & Money quickly rose to prominence and it remains one of Suze Orman’s best-selling books.
On the pages of this book, Orman offers invaluable advice to women who struggle financially. The Save Yourself Plan is at the core of this book. It is a five-month plan to bring about lasting financial security.
The Money Class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream
- Who’s it for? The Money Class is there for all who want to learn how to achieve financial security and create the new American Dream.
With The Money Class, Suze Orman asks if the American Dream is it still achievable, and explains how to go about making it come true.
According to Orman, the New American Dream is not made up of things we own. Instead, it lies in the knowledge that no one can take from us what we’ve worked for. She urges the reader to take responsibility and control over their life immediately if they want to build their dream future.
Women & Money: Be Strong, Be Smart, Be Secure
- Who’s it for? This book aims at women looking for ways to get ahead in life and take control of their finances.
Women & Money: Be Strong, Be Smart, Be Secure is a 2018 update to the original Women & Money book. Suze Orman gives women the knowledge they need to take care of their finance and create true wealth.
The Financial Empowerment Plan fits today’s world, and it’s designed to swiftly guide the reader towards financial and emotional security.
Suze Orman’s Financial Guidebook: Put the 9 Steps to Work
- Who’s it for? This book is the perfect choice for those who have read and want to take full advantage of the 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.
Suze Orman’s Financial Guidebook is a companion to her bestseller, The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.
On the pages of this book, you will find quizzes and exercises that determine your emotional relationship with money, updated info on IRA rules and taxes, strategies to deal with student debt, and much more.
Dos and Don’ts of Money: Easy Solutions for Everyday Problems
- Who’s it for? Dos and Don’ts of Money is written for women and men seeking solutions to their financial struggles.
In Dos and Don’ts of Money: Easy Solutions for Everyday Problems, Suze Orman addresses the everyday financial issues that Americans face today and gives practical advice on how to solve them.
She offers no-frills explanations and proven solutions to the most common problems. This book is a must-read for all financially struggling adults.
The Laws of Money: 5 Timeless Secrets to Get Out and Stay Out of Financial Trouble
- Who’s it for? This book is meant for those who want to learn first-hand how money works and how to get out of financial problems.
In The Laws of Money, Suze Orman discusses five essential rules every adult should know to avoid financial trouble and stay out of it.
Orman urges readers to live within their means, cherish what they have, put themselves before their money, and invest in what they know. Finally, she reminds her readers that money doesn’t have power over them.
Reading Suze Orman’s books will give you a deeper insight into how money works and how to avoid financial trouble. You’ll learn all about dealing with student debt, planning for retirement, and becoming financially independent. If you’re still hungry for more, we suggest these great business books. If you plan to focus on stocks, check out these excellent stock market books.