This butter cake pudding is perfect for a party, and it’s super easy to make – using a baked butter loaf cake mix and a few extra ingredients.
Barb Northwood from New Idea Food shares the recipe below.
Keep reading to find out how to make it.
Serves 8-10, Prep and Cook: 1 hour, 5 mins
- 450g packet baked butter loaf cake
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 180g block Cadbury Dream white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tblsps caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ cup thickened cream
- Lightly grease a round ovenproof dish (12-cup capacity x 6cm deep).
- Cut cake into 3cm cubes. Arrange half over base of prepared dish. Sprinkle over half the raspberries and chocolate. Repeat with remaining cake, raspberries and chocolate.
- To make custard, whisk eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a large jug. Add milk and cream. Whisk to combine. Pour over cake mixture in dish. Cover with greased foil. Stand for 1 hour at room temperature to soak.
- Place covered dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into pan to come halfway up side of dish.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for 30 minutes. Discard foil. Cook for a further 20 to 25 minutes, or until custard is set and top is light golden. Remove from oven. Remove dish from pan. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice-cream.
Like this recipe? You might like the following:
For more recipes, click here.