PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on June 10.
• Neil Brown, 55, 201 Third St. Apartment 8 F, Parkersburg, was arraigned on a charge of malicious wounding and was released on a $2,500 surety bond. He and his girlfriend at the time Julie Weaver had been living together when he allegedly began to strike her numerous times in the chest with closed fist. When she tried to escape in the elevator he waited on a different floor, then allegedly got in the elevator and hit and kicked her more. He allegedly then dragged her by her hair off the elevator into the parking garage where he continued the attack for 30 more minutes and threatened to throw her off the parking garage, officials said.
• Tyler Ludwig, 31, 400 Walnut Grove, Washington, was arraigned on charges of obstruction, false pretenses, public intoxication and three counts of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, heroin and suboxone. He is being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $1,000 cash bond.
• Jerome Brown, 34, homeless, was arraigned on charges of obstruction and fleeing and was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.
• Brandon Claypool, 32, 2417 Lake Washington Road, Washington, had his preliminary hearing waived on a charge of manufacturing, delivery or possession with intent to manufacture and deliver methamphetamine, and his case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.
• Brett Meunier, 34, 306 Beeman Road, Washington, pleaded guilty to a charge of speeding, 47 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone; he was assesses $290.25 in court costs and fines.
• Haley Jett, 27, 171 Mill Branch Road, Belpre, waived her preliminary hearing on a charge of unlawful manufacturing, delivery or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver fentanyl; her case has been bound over to Wood County Circuit Court for grand jury consideration.